UPPER MURRAY COMMUNITY RECOVERY COMMITTEE
It is our priority to ensure local voices and local solutions are front and centre for bush fire recovery efforts in the Upper Murray.
The Upper Murray Community Recovery Committee will consider the entire region, including cross-border communities, and bigger vision projects.
Our purpose is to lead, identify and advocate for the region-wide recovery priorities for the Upper Murray through bringing together community representation; regional, cross-border and local interests.
We will work closely with council, Bushfire Recovery Victoria and other Community Recovery Committees in the region to recover and rebuild our community.
- Health and wellbeing for individuals and communities.
- Mobile phone black spots.
- Electricity and power security (microgrid).
- Agricultural diversity.
- Adventure tourism.
Chairperson: Dominic Sandilands
Deputy chair: Father Mitch Porter
Treasurer: Jo Mackinnon
Berringama / Lucyvale CRC
Thea Newton and Cathy Ross
Joshua Levi Collings
Jo MacKinnon (Treasurer)
Cross Border/ Tooma
Agriculture Working Group
Economic Development Working Group
People and Wellbeing Working Group
Dominic Sandilands (Chair)
People and Wellbeing/ Pastoral
Fr Mitch Porter (Deputy Chair)
Natural Environment Working Group
Built Infrastructure Working Group
Country Fire Authority
Youth and Corryong Neighbourhood Centre
Observers: Towong Shire Council, Bushfire Recovery Victoria, Snowy Valleys Council, Communities not represented by an established local area Community Recovery Committee
The Upper Murray Community Recovery Committee came together to:
- Advocate for community recovery needs to and from Stakeholders
- Assist with proposals to attract project funding and resources to invest in the Upper Murray region
- Maintain effective two-way communication on the community recovery process
- Contribute to evaluation processes that will improve future disaster recovery efforts.