The Tintaldra Community Recovery Committee was formed with nine initial members who represent a broad cross-section of Tintaldra’s community.
The purpose of the CRC is to liaise with the Tintaldra community, Towong Shire, Bushfire Recovery Victoria, community service organisations and other state government agencies to address recovery and future resilience priorities.
- Tania Costello (Chair) –Tintaldra Hall
- Milly Mackinnon (Deputy Chair) –Tintaldra Recreation Reserve
- Marilyn Clydsdale – Corryong Visitor Information Centre, beef cattle farmer
- Rick Dugdale –Clearwater by the Upper Murray Caravan Park
- Darren Jones – Tintaldra Hotel
- Lauren Kurnoff – Tintaldra CRC Newsletter
- Jo Mackinnon –Tintaldra Hall, Upper Murray Inc, Agriculture Recovery Working Group, Economic Recovery Working Group
- Linda Nankervis – Beef farmer
- Kim Winter – Tintaldra Communications Officer
- Brian Little – Committee member
- Initiated our Recovery Committee in August with nine initial members.
- Adopted a Terms of Reference stating our objectives.
- An independent assessment was undertaken on the hall and facilities at the Recreation Reserve
- Obtained an LER grant to replace the Avenue of Honour that was burnt along the Murray Valley Highway during the fires, and to upgrade the public toilet facilities at the Hall.
- Obtained a Border Trust grant for $10,700 to purchase trees and prepare the site for the Avenue of Honour
- Obtained a Restoring Community War Memorial and Avenue of Honour grant from the Veterans Branch, Victorian Government for $26,000
- Received funding to install solar panels at the hall from REconstruct
- Received funding to install solar panels at the Tintaldra Recreation Reserve under the Governments Solar on Public Buildings Program.
- Obtained a Murray PHN grant for $9,640 to fund four community activities –an arts evening, golf day, dance classes for children and a community picnic
- Organised a community get together on 27 September with 50 Tintaldra residents attending
- Organised a fire preparedness day in conjunction with the CFA on 29 November
- Organised a Christmas Eve function, including Santa distributing gifts to children
- Produced a Tintaldra Newsletter distributed to all community members
To engage and consult with bushfire-affected community members and understand their bushfire recovery needs and ideas.
Facilitate events and activities, create social networking opportunities and social cohesion.
Develop, implement and regularly update a Community Recovery Plan that addresses short, medium, and long-term recovery priorities.
Keep the community informed of recovery issues, plans, opportunities, and actions arising from the committee’s activities and its interactions with Towong Shire and Bushfire Recovery Victoria.
Our recovery priorities
Fire Preparedness Projects
Make Tintaldra Hall a centre for community members can go to if they need to vacate their homes and cook meals. To purchase a Kubota 33 kVa3 phase diesel generator, including connection to switchboard, to overcome power outage issues and support activities in the Tintaldra Recovery Centre. Install a 25000ltrr water tank and pressure pump. Installation of solar panels.
Tintaldra Hall upgrade (Community Emergency Relief Centre) including upgrading both men’s and woman’s amenities, installation of air conditioners, installation of blinds on windows, repair roof and guttering, upgrade side access to hall.
Tintaldra Recreation Reserve
Upgrade men’s and women’s amenities, including septic, as currently these facilities are unusable.
Avenue of Honour
Replace the avenue of honour, increase the number of trees planted so that the avenue commemorates solders from WW1 and WW2, install story boards, a monument and seating.
Determine where a walking track will be through community consultation